Breaking down the Walls: Creating a Community of Brothers
A men’s weekend designed to build authentic community with one another
"The Breaking Down the Walls retreat did just that for the men in our congregation. After a weekend, I saw men breaking down emotional walls that had kept them isolated for years. The unique combination of teaching, hands-on interaction, and small group time made a powerful impact. I'd recommend this retreat for any group who wants to move beyond sitting in rows listenting to a talking head!" Ed Rowell, Senior PastorTri-Lakes Chapel, Monument, Colorado
"I would recommend "Breaking Down the Walls" to other men's ministries who are serious about breaking down walls and living life to the full. Many of our retreats stay on the surface and don't dig down deep. This one forces you to continuously "peel back the layers of the onion" and look deep into your soul." Chris Platt, Missions and Ministry Pastor, Crestwood Baptist Church, Louisville, Kentucky
We have offered this weekend in different churches and and are available to bring this retreat to your area.
The weekend is comprised of short teachings on:
- How we "Build Walls" in our lives, walls that hinder genuine connection with others. The "walls" are a metaphor for what the Apostle Paul calls "the old self."
- What are the consequences of these walls in our lives? Specifically, for the church, our wives, children, families and friends.
- What must we do to "break them down?" Ultimately, we must come to the cross of Jesus Christ.
- The entire weekend is structured in such a way that men have an opportunity to be authentic with one another based on the trust that is built throughout the weekend. We have seen pastors, men's ministry leaders and the men who attend all discovering a greater connection to "brotherhood" as a result of this intentional approach to building community among men in the church.
What is unique about this men’s retreat?
This weekend focuses on the men who attend not the speaker. It is intentionallydesigned to facilitate authenticity, that we might "walk in the light" so that we can have genuine fellowship with one another. Throughout the weekend there are short teachings, large and small group experiences, and personal times for reflection. Symbols and visual elements are used to help anchor the message in the hearts of the men. Rooted in scripture the weekend endeavors to take the Biblical truths from the realm of concept to real life experience.
Who would this retreat be appropriate for?
Any church that has as a goal to:
• Make a step toward creating authentic, honest, and open community as brothers in Christ.
• Inspire men to live more fully out of who they are as Christian men, husbands, fathers and friends.
• Help men to indentify how they put up walls between themselves, God and others.
• Model for men how to come before God and others to experience freedom from these walls.
Pastors and men's ministry leaders:
If you are interested in knowing more information about this retreat please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to download a Breaking Down the Walls brochure.
Watch this short video to hear what others are saying about Breaking Down the Walls